Mastercard commissioned Forrester Consulting to evaluate customer behavior engaging with quick service, fast casual, casual and coffee or bakery dining establishments, as well as the digital strategies that these restaurant types are deploying, to better understand how customer needs are being met and where opportunities are.
Forrester’s online survey of 2,312 global consumers and 427 restaurant professionals revealed that, while many restaurants are embracing new technologies, they are leaving opportunities on the table to make these investments a seamless extension of the in-person experience and maximize the growing digital bond with their consumers.
This study, based on the survey results, highlights findings on:
- The digital technologies consumers prefer
- The frequency with which consumers use digital technology for specific actions
- Consumer views of loyalty programs
- Types of digital touchpoints restaurants are using
- Strategic gaps of digital touchpoint technologies deployment
The 2023 study also provides key recommendations for restaurant executives to help them reap rewards from digital investments. Download it now to learn more.